Decorative Wall Hangings For Living Room – Running out of design inspiration? Here are 46 living room wall art ideas for calming charm.
1. Monochrome prints of black and white photos combined with your favorite words and their definitions share your family’s journey with whoever enters your home.
Decorative Wall Hangings For Living Room
“As a designer, I love simplicity. Colors can affect mood much more than we often realize, so a monotone or two-tone palette feels fresh.” – Living Spaces interior designer Brynna Evans
Stratton Home Decor Tree Branch Wall Decor Shd0012
2. Rope Art A beautiful piece of rope can be framed and hung on the wall to add texture to your home. Stick to neutral materials for a minimalist yet authentic feel. (Rope art also makes a great boho accent wall.)
3. Three-dimensional flowers You can combine three-dimensional flowers made of metal, paper or other materials to create a beautiful focal point.
4. Textured Art Look for artwork that includes texture to give your space a more interesting look. Paper art works especially well. Quality design will give you a DIY feel (without having to do it yourself)!
“The design is visual and textile. Irregular, knotty or soft parts add a tactile factor and attach to the wall.” – Residential interior designer Courtney Marquez
Amazon.com: Metal Flower Wall Decor, 3d Metal Wall Art Decorations Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Decor Hanging For Living Room Bedroom Bathroom Office Home Decorations 48×20.4inch
5. Botanical Prints Art with plants and plants reflects your love of greenery and adds a touch of light to your home. Choose the type of plant according to where it grows depending on the mood you want; For example, palm trees will look tropical! Add real pots with the same plants on the floor to enhance the atmosphere of the home.
6. Grouping Images Choose pen drawings or smaller-than-usual drawings and group them together to create a unique talking point. As they say, the best things come in the smallest packages. Collections of small wall art will draw guests in for closer examination and better appreciation.
7. String Art is back! String art is making a comeback and it’s good. These intricate patterns will add symmetry and beauty to your space.
“The intricate details in the twine art draw you in. It is truly a work of art. The more you look at one of these pieces, the more you see; this is the type of wall art that is sure to wow guests.” – Living Spaces interior designer Brynna Evans
Wall Decor Ideas For Every Style And Budget
8. Mirror A mirror reflects light and adding a mirror to the wall will make your room feel more spacious. Bonus points if it’s in a nice setting! (Make sure the mirror faces the window to maximize brightness.)
9. Tone-on-tone art that uses muted tones can be impressive without overwhelming the room. Look for neutrals to enhance any space.
Looking for something special? Choose a framed canvas with a fun color palette to complement your decor. Transform the family room into a modern living room aesthetic by placing an oversized canvas over the coffee table.
“If you need to decorate a wall in a flash, like anywhere else, canvas art is your best bet. It’s the most popular and easiest medium to paint and sell, so the choice is ripe. Choose a style, color and theme to suit your personality!” – Residential interior designer Courtney Marquez
Amazon.com: Kileli 3d Metal Wall Art Décor, Retro Old Craft, Abstract Openwork Lotus Leaf Wall Sculptures Hanging For Home Decorations, Living Room, Bedroom, Hotel 52.5 Inches X 26.5 Inches
11. Gallery Wall Do you have more than one piece of art that you love? Collect a selection of pieces that have something in common, then turn your wall into an art gallery.
12. Glitter and Glam You can’t go wrong with glitter, so double up on framed glitter pictures and use them as a backdrop for fabulous decorations. The star figurines are a great addition to the living room decoration. (Don’t forget the paint color either! Deep gray or soft concrete accentuates the calming effect of metals.)
13. The beauty of horses If you love horses, adding them to your walls is not easy. Choose one large print that will dominate the room and stand around it.
“Horses thrive in country, rustic, and western aesthetics. I love a good horse wall paired with a classic country leather sofa!” – Living Spaces interior designer Brynna Evans
Amazon.com: Moon Decoration Wall Decoration, Moon Appearance Wall Art Decoration Wall Hanging (5 Pieces) Nordic Wood Moon Appearance Natural Design Moon Interior, Boho Bedroom Decor Home Wall Decoration (black)
14. Wild at home Bring your admiration for living things into your home with framed photos of your favorite creatures. Just like in real life, animals can bring out the best in people. Choose sweet scenes of animals roaming peacefully to enhance the evening atmosphere in your living room or dining room.
15. Simple Nature A simple print of leaves, a picture of a tree or a picture of a flower can set the tone for a room and show your interest in nature.
16. Fly away Do you dream of traveling? Hang a framed canvas of an airplane or a must-see destination for close-by travel inspiration. The methods of transportation on an empty wall will certainly inspire the design of the living room.
“A shot of anything in the sky, whether it’s a sunset, a sunrise, or just a cluster of clouds, looks almost like a window. It also feels airy and gives your room permission to feel like an open-air retreat with no boundaries.” – Residential interior designer Courtney Marquez
Amazon.com: Wlher 3d Metal Wall Art Hanging Décor, Golden Green Abstract Openwork Lotus Leaf, Retro Old Craft, Metal Texture, Home Hotel Club Hall Entrance Wall Decoration,13363cm
17. Cool Oceans Give your space a cooler look with a beautiful ocean painting. Almost – but not quite – the abstract works capture the true nature of the sea.
18. Go Big Giant Artwork can dominate a room – in a good way! Enjoy your favorite picture in a large size. (After all, most wall spaces are the largest parts of the house and need like-minded art.)
19. Basic Images You don’t have to be creative with your images. Pick something you like and hang it up.
“Sometimes the less concrete an image is, the more concrete our thoughts are about it. When art is open to interpretation, the more you can attach your thoughts to it. Because of this, abstract art is a great chameleon and can say exactly what you want, to be based on the surrounding styles and design elements you choose.” – Living Spaces interior designer Brynna Evans
Vintage World Map Canvas Wall Art Map Of The World Large Painting For Office Wall Decor Home Living Room Decorations Framed Ready To Hang
20. Shades of Gray Grayscale paintings go well with any decor style, so grab a painting or two and then add more gray elements to bring the room together. Shades of gray can have a calming effect against white walls. Other neutral color schemes such as beige and cream have a similar effect, especially when mixed with a gray scheme to complement and accentuate each of the different shades.
21. Abstract There is something about abstract art that draws you in because it allows you to interpret the artist’s meaning for yourself.
22. Paintings in layers You can’t hang paintings on the walls, but you can put them on the table. Try putting them together and then layering them for a unique look. (Think of these types of tables as wall shelves for your art!)
“Tilted wall art is a breeze! No hammers, nails or drills. It’s also a great way to fill an empty coffee table.” – Residential interior designer Courtney Marquez
Farmhouse Wall Decor Window Mirror Shutters, Large Wall Decor, Mirror
23. Black Frames Take your favorite photo and frame it in a simple black color to make it really stand out on the wall.
24. Fun Colors You can design an entire room around the colors on your wall for a coordinated look. Common bright colors in wall art include pink, blue, and green. But be careful in small living rooms: just a little light shade is enough to brighten up your space and make it stand out.
25. Room Divider Panels Instead of using these panels to divide space, hang them on the wall for a unique look.
“Anything super long will elongate a space. Ceilings look higher, the air feels more open, and the eyes are drawn in, which usually equates to improved mood and well-being.” – Living Spaces interior designer Brynna Evans
Wall Decor Ideas To Refresh Your Space
26. Memories of the beach Do you like the beach? Bring the fun home with cute framed photos of your favorite place. It also pushes aesthetics beyond the walls: shell figures and tropical plants will play with art.
27. Cactus Prints Succulents and cacti offer a low-key way to add greenery to your space. Accentuate your plants with a cactus print on the wall.
28. Neutral Colors A painting in a soft color will blend right in with your existing decor while providing a focal point. Choose a slightly deeper or lighter neutral shade (if it’s a different shade) than your walls for a trendy vibe. For a little more color, try earthy tones.
“Neutral calm. Painting beige or earth in any room is a beautiful way to banish stress.” – Residential interior designer Courtney Marquez
Yirtree Abstract Geometric Painting Wall Decoration For Bedroom 3 Piece Abstract Canvas Wall Art For Living Room Modern Canvas Prints Kitchen Bathroom Wall Decor Office Home Decoration
29. Charcoal Paintings Charcoal is a wonderful medium. These types of paintings combine simplicity with sophistication, an ideal combination for wall art.
30. Leaves on the wall Show your affection for plants with giant paintings of leaves. You can collect several and group them together. The veins, stems and subtle shapes found in nature are works of art in themselves and wonderful at home.
“Changing the textures you use can really enhance your style and flair. I personally like an antique marble or ceramic panel
Decorative metal wall hangings, metal wall hangings for living room, decorative tapestry wall hangings, decorative nails for wall hangings, decorative rods for wall hangings, wall hangings for living room, decorative hangings for living room, decorative cloth wall hangings, decorative hangers for wall hangings, decorative wall hangings, large wall hangings for living room, fabric wall hangings for living room
my name is Tomm, Happy to share about unique wall decor ideas